QUEENSRYCHE: Rage For Order CD original recording (NOT remastered) Check video. The most underrated QR album.
Rage for Order is the second studio album by heavy metal band Queensrÿche, released in 1986 on EMI America Records.
1. “Walk in the Shadows” Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton 3:34
2. “I Dream in Infrared” Tate, Wilton 4:18
3. “The Whisper” Chris DeGarmo 3:36
4. “Gonna Get Close to You” Lisa Dalbello 4:37
5. “The Killing Words” DeGarmo, Tate 3:56
6. “Surgical Strike” DeGarmo, Wilton 3:23
7. “Neue Regel” DeGarmo, Tate 4:55
8. “Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)” Tate, Wilton 4:15
9. “London” DeGarmo, Tate, Wilton 5:06
10. “Screaming in Digital” DeGarmo, Tate, Wilton 3:37
11. “I Will Remember” DeGarmo 4:25
Geoff Tate vocals, keyboards
Chris DeGarmo guitar, background vocals
Michael Wilton guitar, background vocals
Eddie Jackson bass, background vocals
Scott Rockenfield drums, percussion
Neil Kernon keyboards
Queensryche Rage For Order (FULL ALBUM) Original Cd Press HQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSYqjAJZDZM
Album Chart Peak
U.S. Billboard 200 47
Swedish Album Chart 47
UK Albums Chart 66
Year Title Peak Chart positions
1986 “Gonna Get Close to You” 91
“” denotes singles that were released but did not chart.
“Prophecy” was recorded during the sessions of this album, but was unable to make the final cut. However, it appeared as a bonus track on the CD of the bands self-titled EP.
The original version of “Gonna Get Close to You” appears on Dalbellos 1984 album Whomanfoursays.
The band was invited to promote Rage for Order by opening for RATT on their Dancing Undercover tour.
Rage for Order was ranked #88 on Kerrang! magazines “100 Greatest Heavy Metal Albums Of All Time” in January 1989.
Although not credited, the album cover was designed by Garry Sharpe-Young. It had originally been proposed for a 12″ picture disc, which never materialized, and was used by EMI Records for the album cover without permission. This logo, with subtle changes, would be used by the band throughout their career.