Rightly regarded as one of the iconic live metal albums, Unleashed In The East actually introduced the world to Priest’s full on S&M image. But what more should you know about the album? Here’s your guide:
* The album was recorded on February 10 and 15 1979, at Kosei Nenkin Hall and Nakano Sun Plaza in Tokyo
* This was the first Priest album to make the UK Top 10 – peaking at number 10 – and the US Top 100, making it to number 70.
* Unleashed… was the debut Priest live album, and the biggest seller of their five live releases so far.
* Despite being recorded around the Killing Machine album, only two songs from the original Unleashed In The East came from that album: Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) and Running Wild.
* Priest did six live shows on their 1979 Japanese tour. This world tour began in London, on October 23. 1978. It ended in Nice on December 15, 1979.
* The band’s set at the two shows recorded for this album were actually 17 songs long.
* The first song the band played on the opening date of this lengthy global tour was White Heat, Red Hot. The last song played on the final date was Starbreaker.